Sunday, November 2, 2008

Does Solar Power Make Sense For You?

I love this article in yesterday's "Home" section of the Los Angeles Times -- "Do The Bright Thing". The author goes through the latest trends in residential solar outfitting, as well as her own research on whether or not it would benefit her to make the investment. A good read.
I talk about solar options a lot in my upcoming book, The Mom's Guide to Growing Your Family Green. But the LA Times author does come to the same conclusion that I came to -- sometimes it makes sense to install a complete solar system to produce electricity for your home ... but othertimes it doesn't make sense and you need to look at other options. Those other options include a host of home improvement measures, including adding trees to your property to help your home cool down.

1 comment:

Rory's Green Hosting said...

That's very interesting about using trees to cool your home down. Can you point me to some further reading on that?